1. My red hair! Yep, I took the plunge and finally had my hair dyed red. It is such a beautiful colour, I can’t stop looking at it in the mirror, I’m really happy with it. So far everyone has loved it and I’m so glad I was brave enough to make the change!
2. Carol concerts. Yesterday evening I sang in my old county youth choir’s Christmas carol concert and it was so much fun. I adore carols so I’m always happy to get to sing them and I really like the choir’s music director so I was really grateful to get a chance to join them for the concert. My parents came to listen and it was lovely to get to catch up with some old friends.
3. Treating myself. Something about it almost being Christmas makes me want to buy more, especially luxurious things (who knows why!). So I bought myself a new lingerie set because I just couldn’t resist and then decided to invest in YSL’s new Youth Liberator foundation which is brilliant. It may be materialistic but it genuinely does lift my spirits to have lovely new things.
4. Roast dinners with the family. My grandfather came round for Sunday lunch earlier today and we had a delicious meal of roast chicken followed by apple crumble – so good!
5. Opening my advent calendar everyday. I get a lot of childish pleasure from opening the little windows everyday and getting to see the cute pictures behind the doors (yes I have a picture calendar rather than a chocolate one).
6. Events. This week, and of course next week, I have lots of events to go to, from carol singing to nights out and coffee meet-ups to birthday parties and I’m looking forward to them all.
7. Getting hugely excited for Christmas!! It is only 10 days away and I’ll be going back home for the holidays next weekend and I’m really looking forward to being able to curl up with my cat and watch Christmas films like The Holiday with my sister, baking plenty of mince pies with my mother, wrapping presents, preparing things for Christmas Eve and everything that follows!
Hope you’re all having a great December and are equally excited for Christmas 🙂