1. Celebrating Halloween with some of the best people I know! Prancing around as a black cat with some extraordinary looking people was so much fun it made up for the fact that we came home a little early because the club was so atrociously busy.
2. Getting to meet up with the lovely Baiba for coffee when she was back for her reading week, it is always nice to get to catch up with friends away at uni.
3. Reading J. M. Barrie’s Peter Pan books (yes there are two) for my children’s literature module – perfect for moments of escapism.
4. Listening to songs like Rusted Root’s Send Me On My Way perhaps a little too often whenever I need a bit of cheering up!
5. Having a mini book and beauty shopping spree (also to cheer me up) because whilst it may be materialistic, buying a couple of lipsticks and a beautiful copy of Brothers Grimm fairy tales is definitely the little pick-me-up I needed.
6. Getting organised. It’s difficult to stay on top of everything when you’re feeling exhausted because it destroys your concentration but I’m just about managing with all my to-do lists, note books and diary. I will get through this term. I will.
7. Looking forward to Bonfire night on Tuesday. Wrapping up warm, a huge bonfire, fireworks, candy floss, a funfair, and friends – what could be better?