1. I don’t always stretch before working out. I know, I know, that’s really bad for you and people like me should be particularly careful. The thing is I stretch most mornings and then when I workout I want to conserve my energy for the actual exercise. I stretch afterwards usually…
2. When I was little I wasn’t actually all that academic and I used to hate reading! Until I was about 8 years old I really didn’t enjoy reading, I only liked having stories read to me. I was also appalling at spelling and was even put in special spelling class. Harry Potter, clichéd as it might sound, actually taught me to love reading and after reading the first three books back-to-back aged 8 I never looked back! It’s why I don’t like hearing people slagging off the writing – it may be simplistic but it enthralled me throughout my childhood and I love them to this day.
3. There are very few foods I don’t like but there are several food-based things that I am incredibly fussy about: I really dislike omelettes – they make me feel physically sick, I hate fatty bits on meat and always cut them off, vinegar and kiwi fruits hurt my tongue.
4. In case you haven’t already noticed, I am absolutely addicted to pasta. Like seriously addicted. I could eat it everyday if it wasn’t for the fact that that wouldn’t be great for my health. I just think it’s such a fantastic, versatile food that can be served in all kinds of dishes.
One of my favourite pasta dishes: tagliatelle, tomato, cream, chili, bacon and Parmesan. It’s so luxurious and indulgent tasting. The ultimate treat dinner.
5. I am becoming a little bit addicted to beauty and skincare products. I’m someone who is incredibly careful with my money and I always have a little internal debate about each purchase I make (in every domain – even with essentials like paper) but at the moment I constantly find myself drawn to the beauty counters in department stores… I think it stems from the fact that the constant fatigue makes me feel pretty rubbish and a bit of pampering here and there really helps me to perk up!
6. I used to be a really indoor kind of girl, I wasn’t very adventurous as a child and I wasn’t keen on getting dirty or anything like that. Since being ill and therefore unable to be outside as often as I’d like I’ve really grown to appreciate the outdoors and I now absolutely love being outside and I see the beauty of nature everywhere. I’m really hoping for some better weather in order to go for walks and picnics in the sunshine.
7. Sometimes I feel like I don’t really fit into a proper blogging “niche”, I’m not really a healthy-living blogger, but I’m not really a food blogger either and nor am I a lit blogger. Does that make me a lifestyle blogger? Hmm…
So there you have some random confessions, I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me! Have a fantastic weekend 🙂
Have you got a confession to share with me?