I like New Year’s Resolutions. I like making plans, goals help me focus and reflecting on my achievements helps me grow.
For this reason every year I make resolutions. Some will be specific with a certain achievement in mind at the end, others will be more ambiguous, more about my personal development. I enjoy making them and I love striving to be successful in each one. By writing my goals on my blog, I am opening up to you my readers, it isn’t so much about being held more accountable, it’s more about sharing with you my aims, my hopes and dreams. I know that I can succeed. And I know that you fantastic people will help me and for that I am grateful 🙂
So here they are, I am pleased with my ideas:
- Eat healthily – cook healthy dinners, 3 square meals a day and one snack, fresh produce, more protein, good quality food and get back to my happy body.
- Exercise more – get to the gym and strength train weekly. Build up the workouts; do them more and more often.
- Work hard. Do my reading and work as early as I can. Get a good mark at the end of my first year.
- Find a way of doing more that I enjoy – join the university choir, do more with friends, make new friends, cook more, try pilates and yoga, maybe even join a new society.
- Care more for my appearance. Buy new clothes, stylish and sexy clothes. Try new things with my hair. Buy nice makeup.
- Go to church more often. Pray. Spend time reflecting. Be more active in the church and the Catholic society.
- Procrastinate less in my life: spend less time on the internet needlessly, watch less TV, do more, be more proactive.
- Read more. Write more. Blog more. Devote my time to words.
- Treasure, appreciate and cherish my loved ones. Strengthen my relationship with my friends. Stay close to my family. Love Tom with all of my heart.
- Fight the pain. Stay strong, refuse to give up.
- Improve my self confidence. Find my own feet, my independence. Be a better person. Volunteer. Try hard at everything.
- Find a way to happiness, whatever that may be. Don’t give up on myself.
Everyone always says things like “this is the year” and it has become a bit of a cliche. Life always gets in the way of exact goals anyway, you never what is going to get thrown at you that might change your goals or even your outlook on life. But I like making these resolutions anyway because it is positive and motivating to have something to work towards. And this year actually might be the year that I finally manage to overcome some of my issues, I might actually end the year feeling happy. For now 2012 could bring anything, you never know, it be the start of a stronger me…
What do you think of my resolutions?
Have you made any?
What is your main aim for the year?